Trick or Treat? Find out in 5 Steps.
When I hear the phrase trick or treat, it reminds me of how we are often the mind plays tricks on us.
We see through the filters from our personal history, clouding what is really in front of us. Our reactions and decisions are based on this information.
It takes practice to really see what is happening beyond the stories of the mind and when we can do this, we can live with more clarity and ease.
Give this a try:
- Look at an unusual object
- Say what your immediate perception of the object is (it might remind you of something).
- Now, take a look at the object from all angles.
- Report what you see without any opinions- just report what is actually in front of you.
- Notice what the difference was in your original report and what is actually in front of you.
Let me know in the comments below what you noticed. Was your original report different? How do you think you can use this in your daily life?
Posted in: Technique of the WeekLeave a Comment (0) →