6 Steps to Breath Awareness
To optimize the benefits of breath, you want your breathing to be deeper, slower, quieter and more regular. This simple technique will help you notice how effective your breathing is. Remember, to do this technique with no judgment.
The first step to change is awareness.
1. Sit comfortably with your spine erect, with your arms and legs uncrossed and your feet solidly on the floor.
2. Close your eyes or have a softly gaze ahead.
3. Bring your awareness to your breath without trying to influence it in any way, following it with your mind.
4. Notice the quality of your breath.
5. Notice the depth, notice the pace, notice the rhythm.
6. Become aware of the rise and fall of your chest and belly.
What did you notice about your breath? Was it deep, or shallow? Did your belly rise and fall, or was the breath in your upper body? Let me know what you noticed in the comments below. Please contact me with any questions.
Posted in: Technique of the WeekLeave a Comment (0) →