Breathing: It is so simple that it is hard to believe how many benefits it brings. How can something so effortless, have such a powerful impact on your physical health?
Here are some simple facts about breath:
- Every time you take a breath, you are massaging your internal organs, increasing the blood and oxygen supply to your body.
- You receive many benefits that you get from aerobic exercise- Aerobic is “air in” and when you breathe deeper and slower, your lungs fill fuller, increasing the blood and oxygen absorbed into your heart.
- Your lungs excrete more waste than any other organ.
- Your digestive system is part of your involuntary nervous system and it is optimized because it receives more blood and oxygen.
- Breathing balances your immune system by bringing more blood and oxygen into your cells.
- When you breathe your muscles relax, reducing the physical tension in your body.
Are you ready to use breath to begin changing your overall health?