The past few days I have woken up in a funky mood. After trying to figure out the cause, I came up empty. Rather than going into “analysis-paralysis” I decided to stay with it and just notice how I felt.
I went on with my day, beginning with a yoga practice followed by meditation. When I finished my mood was a bit better but still felt kind of low.
I thought about a recent article I read about at 93 year old giving tips on living a longer, happier life. She uses curiosity, optimism, humor and a cheerful greeting. Her attitude inspired me to make a few simple decisions:
- Let go of analyzing the situation.
- Open up to enjoying my day-it is all I have.
- Notice the simple things–I focused on the foliage with curiosity.
- Smile, even though I did not really feel happy at that moment.
- Choose to be grateful for my life.
Let me know in the comments below how make a shift in attitude. What do you do when your mood needs a boost?
Posted in: Technique of the WeekLeave a Comment (0) →