Change Your Focus in 6 Steps
In Thursday’s blog I spoke about how our thoughts create reality.
It is challenging to change our mindset when we are conditioned to think in a certain way. It’s the glass half empty-half full scenario, and much of what our mind focuses stems from habit.
It does not take long to create a new habit, but you must have the desire to change.
- Notice your thoughts and if they are negative take a slow inhale and easy exhale
- If this has not stopped the thought, focus on your breath until your mind quiets down.
- Remember some event that was pleasant for you and experience the feelings that went along with it.
- Stay with those feelings as your breathe in and out.
- Now, notice your state.
- If you begin to revert back to negativity, ask yourself: Which feeling do I want to perpetuate?
Give this a try and let me know in the comments below if this helped. If it did not, what do you think got in your way?
Posted in: Technique of the WeekLeave a Comment (0) →