Phone Frustration: 5 Ways to Remain Calm
Phone calls that require waiting or complications can trigger frustration and anger.
When we encounter these situations it is challenging to remain calm and patient, especially if the person on the other end is rude, unhelpful or slow.
We take it personally,and the consequence is physical tension and emotional anxiety.
It is a more productive interaction when you are calm and centered.
Next time you have this kind of call, try this:
- Bring your feet under you and feel your feet grounded on the floor.
- Take an easy inhale allowing your belly soften and then slowly let it out, a minimum of three times
- Know that you too have been rude or confused when asked to do something- this will give you some compassion and patience
- Remember that the situation is not a personal affront
- Keep the situation in perspective and know that it is one small part of your entire day. Take a breath and move on.
Let me know in the comments below what you tried and how it worked for you. If nothing helped, let me know what you think happened?
Posted in: Technique of the WeekLeave a Comment (0) →