This phrase can change your life.
We are by nature complicated beings. This time of year we tend to over complicate our lives with plans and events. Many of us strive for the perfect experience and end of getting lost in the planning which adds stress and tension to our lives.
Rather than enjoying family and friends, we spin out of control and stress out so we can enjoy ourselves later. Later never comes because we are thinking about and planning the next event. Just writing about this is exhausting!
What can allow us to enjoy ourselves is to treat ourselves with kindness.
Take a breath, settle into your body, slow down and get centered. Just do what is in front of you, check in on how you feel and keep your focus on enjoying, rather than doing.
Less can often be more, so remind yourself of this one phrase: keep it simple, sweetie…
After a long day, a few minutes with your legs up the wall will quickly help you to restore and recover.
Benefits: Varicose veins, circulation, new blood flow to upper body and much more
Do not do: Detached Retina, Glaucoma, Hiatal Hernia
- Lie on your back about 6 inches away from the wall with your back flat on the floor
- Allow your head to be level (if it is not, place a pillow or towel under your head)
- Bring your legs side by side with your heels close to each other
- Allow your knees to straighten with your thighs relaxed (if they are not, move further from wall)
- Take easy deep breaths with your belly relaxed for a few minutes
This is a simple way to bring inner calm and center. This will revitalize you while bringing a sense of mental stillness and ease.
Let me know in the comments below how you felt after this practice. If it did not help, what do you think happened?