|This has been a very troublesome, painful year and we were all impacted.
Personally, I retreated from just about everything and am now crawling (okay, blasting) back out- yes, I am alive and well. My decision not to write and work with clients was a symptom of what was going on personally and worldwide.The truth is, I had nothing to give. The political climate turned me into an angry, sad, fearful, person and all my practices were not enough to fix it.
This got me thinking…
I need for it to be okay to feel crappy, angry, sad, frustrated, scared, and confused. My resistance to what I was feeling and my judgment of myself as a professional was pulling me down even more.
This too got me thinking …
It is okay for me to ride the wave of all my feelings and still be the upbeat, proactive person I know myself to be.
Still more thinking (too much time off gets me thinking a lot) …
It is time to shake things up. To stop doing what is no longer working and make space for what is to come. Here are a few first steps:
1. I will write blogs again twice a month to start. I promise to keep it real.
2. After February, I will no longer be teaching my evening class at the Cancer Support Community.
3. I have taken a 10 hour per week job helping a non-profit coordinate their events. Stay tuned.
4. I will only spend my time with those who are in alignment with my core values.
5. I will no longer put myself out to those people and organizations who take me for granted.
6. I will build my business in a way that feeds me. No more focus on $$$ and more focus on what makes my heart sing. Stay tuned.
7. I will be politically active- I will not “get over” prejudice and injustice, but do something about it.
One last thought…
These changes are just the beginning. I am cleaning house- no more clutter in all areas of my life (Robert and the kids, you can stay!)
I will not be a victim of our chaotic world. I will take action and get back to being the powerhouse I know myself to be.
Wishing us all a peaceful, proactive, and joyful New Year.