There are times that life circumstances are quite challenging and we experience the consequences of added stress: We become forgetful, drained and totally focused on the situation we are confronted with.
This is especially true for those taking care of elderly or ill parents or other family members.
During this time it is difficult to live a balanced, calm life. It is a choice to get back to centered living. Even when life gets overwhelming, there are simple things you can do to gain your equilibrium.
- Take some easy breaths into your belly.
- Make sure you eat nutritious food, even when you do not feel like it.
- Change the book you are reading to something funny and uplifting.
- Call a friend and just vent.
- Take off your shoes and feel your feet in the ground.
- Always keep a sense of humor.
These suggestions are easy, practical tools to help keep things in perspective. Remember, whatever is going on in life, there are times throughout the day that you can experience a calm center.
Give it a try and let me know what happened in the comments below. There might be something simple you have tried that was effective. If so, feel free to share it.