Eat and Know You are Eating
Lately, I have seen articles about the positive impact of mindful eating.
The term can seem uninviting, but really eating mindfully is an invitation to deepen your appreciation and taste of food.
When we eat mindfully, we are in the moment and are better able to know when we are full. We end eating less, aiding digestion and enjoying our food much more.
Take a few minutes and try this:
Pick one type of food that you normally eat. It can be a raising, pop corn, chocolate or some other snack.
- Take one piece and first feel the texture in your hand.
- Look at it on all sides.
- Smell it and take in the aroma.
- Take a breath.
- Now, take it to your lips and take a small bite, without eating it.
- Experience the flavor, texture and the effect it is having on you.
- Slowly chew it as you continue to experience the entire sensation associated with what you are eating.
- Continue to finish the piece of food in this way and notice how you feel.
Let me know in the comments below how this worked for you. Were you able to stay with the process? Did you find out anything new about what you were eating?
Posted in: Technique of the WeekLeave a Comment (0) →