5 Steps to Live Life More Fully
Throughout the day we encounter both challenging and joyful situations. Usually our focus gets locked on a specific aspect of our experience and we miss out on the range of what is in front of us.
There is more happening in each moment than we imagine and we have the capacity to embrace our experiences more fully.
1. Go outside (or look through a window), standing or sitting comfortably and look straight ahead at nature.
2. Focus on one thing that is in your line of sight.
3. Without turning your head, expand your awareness to the entire scope of what is in front of you.
4. Notice whatever subtle changes come about without getting caught up in thought. It could be a slight breeze, a shadow, an insect or bird, a small movement of a leaf or some other shift.
5. Take a few breaths as you continue to notice.
Everything in front of you was happening at the same time.
You can experience more joy and clarity in life when you live mindfully.
Try this and let me know in the comments below what happened. Did you see more that you first thought was there? Were you able to stay in the moment? How do you feel now?
Posted in: Technique of the WeekLeave a Comment (0) →