Often when your have a problem, your lose your ability to see a solution. The mind gets in the way and your vision is clouded by your perceptions, resulting in perpetuating the problem. You are left feeling drained and frustrated.
There are simple techniques that will help you take a closer look at the situation.
Try this next time you have a problem:
- Get still for a moment and take a few slow breaths.
- Focus your attention on the problematic situation and watch it without taking it personally, the way you would watch a movie.
- As you watch, pay close attention to the part you play in the movie focusing on the images in front of you. If you start getting an opinion, take a few breaths.
- Identify the problem that you see on the screen, including your part, with a neutral point of view.
- Now, think of one thing you can do to move into the solution. It might be as simple as a shift in attitude.
Let me know in the comments below what happens. Were you able to detach from the move long enough to see a solution? If not, let me know in the comments below what you think happened.