5 Steps to an Attitude of Gratitude
"I thank God for my handicaps, for through them I have found myself, my work and my God" – Helen Keller
Helen Keller had unimaginable obstacles to overcome in her life, and her attitude is inspiring.
Gratitude for the challenges in life is difficult for many of us to understand. We tend to look at the things that have been painful having a negative impact on us. Everything we experience in life impacts who we become and our day to day living.
Many of the most inspiring people in our lives had to endure major hurdles.
- Take a moment and think about something that was difficult for you to overcome.
- Notice the event without imposing any judgments or emotional charge. Simply look at it as an observer.
- Now with the same observation, look at how you live your life now.
- Find one thing about yourself that might not have emerged if the early event did not happen.
- Take a few breaths, focusing on that awareness.
When you do this exploration invite your mind to remain in the moment, and you can gain some insight into the positive gifts you received and how it shaped your perceptions, activities, spiritual path, and relationships.
Let me know in the comments below what you discovered. If you could not think of anything, let me know what got in the way.
Posted in: A Calm PerspectiveLeave a Comment (0) →