There are times when we feel stressed or upset and we need to calm down quickly. There is a meeting, test, or some other task that needs us at our best and time is of the essence.
Try this simple calming and centering technique to use when you need to quickly be calm and focused:
1. Stand with your feet side by side.
- Imagine a plum- line dropping down from above:
- It goes though the center of your skull
- It moves down through the center of your body, following the front of your spine
- It continues down between your hips and drops through your pelvic floor
- It moves down between your legs
- It lands right between the arches of your feet.
2. Keep your awareness on the plum line and feel your feet planted in the ground.
3. Take a few easy breaths
You are ready to face the day!
Let me know if the comments below how this worked for you. Were you able to use this to help with a challenging situation? If it did not help, what do you think happened?