- What is Custom Calm?
You are the focus of Custom Calm
We have been a leader in Integrative Health industry since 1997. By developing simple, realistic techniques that empower you to reduce stress and pain, Custom Calm has helped thousands of people thrive while living with chronic stress, pain and illness.
Our professionals each have decades-long, first-hand experience with chronic pain, illness, caregiving, athletics and the corporate environment. We transmit a depth of understanding that deepens our connection to you and enhances your ability to benefit from our effective practices.
Our top priority is crafting a comprehensive, tailored program that we will bring to your doorstep. These practices include:
- Meditation and Centering
- Mindful Based Stress Reduction
- Adapted Yoga Poses
- Self Inquiry
- Movement and Body Awareness
- Who is Ellen Sichel?
Consultant, speaker, writer and teacher, Ellen is the President of Custom Calm, LLC. Ellen skillfully creates highly effective programs and speaking topics addressing the common issues of stress, pain, and illness inherent in the workplace, groups and organizations.
After owning a successful yoga studio and working as the Executive Director of Master Yoga Foundation, she was aware of the variety of stress management programs offered. With her understanding that no two companies or individuals are alike, she saw a need for programs that would be personalized with both body and mind techniques.
This approach makes her work unique. She couples her own life experience, her extensive training and work experience with her warmth and humor when creating customized programs that are simple, realistic and empowering. This was the evolution of Custom Calm.
Currently, she designs and teaches programs at the Cancer Support Community at Northside Hospital- www.cscatlanta.org and the Weinstein Center in Georgia. Additionally, Ellen consults with private clients and corporate groups to provide them with simple stress relief and pain management techniques and perspectives that can be used on the spot.
Ellen he has presented at the Nurses Oncology Symposium and the Cancer Survivors’ Network and has also been a regular contributor to the Atlanta Jewish Times.
Ellen earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business and marketing from Fairleigh Dickenson University. Her additional professional trainings include:
- Yoga for Awareness for Cancer Professional Training at Duke University
- Mindfully-Based Stress Reduction Professional Training with Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Yoga for Depression
- Svaroopa® Yoga Teacher Training E-RYT500 featuring Yoga Therapy, Yoga for Back Pain, Gentle Yoga, Neck & Shoulders, Pregnancy Yoga:
- Meditation Teacher Training,
- Philosophy Discussion Group Leader Certification
- Self – Inquiry Practitioner Training
What makes Ellen’s work unique is that her life is an example of the effectiveness of the work she teaches. From an early age, she experienced scoliosis, chronic neck, back, shoulder, jaw pain. Years later, after the birth of her second child, she developed Lupus and that propelled her to the extensive trainings that have since put her Lupus in remission and she feels great inside and out.
- In the News
Custom Calm and its professionals have been featured in a variety of articles over the years. We have also spoken at many events, businesses, hospital-sponsored programs and spiritual retreats. We always engage our audience so the participants can experience first-hand the empowering results of our practices.
- Monthly Column: Atlanta Jewish Times., November 2011-Present
- Yoga: A Work-In, Not A Work-Out: New Life Journal, December-January, 2005
- Spirited Exercise: The Atlanta Journal- Constitution, Front Page of Living Section; July 3, 2003
- Yoga: Asian discipline Booming: The Atlanta Journal-constitution, AJC.com/ health; July 15, 2003
- Spring Cleaning: Chai Magazine of the Atlanta Jewish Times; April, 2003
- Mind & Body: Using Props, Yoga Ascends To A New Level Of Well-Being; Sandy Springs Neighbor, Front Page of People Section; January 2, 2002
- Ellen Sichel Finds New Way To Meet Life’s Challenges: The Atlanta Maccabiah Press; December 2001
Past Speaking Engagements
- Saint Joseph’s Cancer Survivors’ Network Sharing the Journey Conference: Breath & Centering: Unwind and Renew; March, 2010
- Northside Hospital Oncology Nursing Symposium: Breath & Centering; May, 2009
- Hadassah Southeastern Region Spring Conference: Centering Techniques; May 2008
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO): Getting to Zen: How to De-Stress, Stay Sharp, and Maintain Optimum Stamina; September, 2006
- Ravinnia Office Building: Yoga, a Work-In, Not a Work-Out; January, 2006
- Body, Mind Spirit Expo: Gentle Yoga; August 2003
- Lawyers Collaborative Conference: De-Stress and De-Compress, 2003
- Women Living A Life Of Dreams Fulfilled: Yoga and meditation, June, 2003
- Hadassah Health Professionals’ Council: Yoga and Health; March 2002